Skip to content
- Grip : allows you to rip an audio CD to MP3 (designed for the GNOME graphics environment , hence the “G”).
- k3b : allows you to rip an audio CD to mp3 (designed for the KDE graphics environment , hence the “K”).
- LAME : create mp3 from audio files. Command line interface . Usable with or without options (ex: ID3 tags possible).
- XCFA : capable of coding in bitrate variable .
Software suitable for MP3 playback
- Under Windows : VLC , Groove Music Windows Media Player , iTunes , RealPlayer , GoldWave , Audacity , Winamp , Foobar2000 , KMPlayer , Zinf , musikCube , BSplayer , Konvertor , XnView , MediaMonkey , MusicBee, etc.
- On OS X : iTunes , VLC , Audacity , Audion 3, QuickTime , RealPlayer , Amadeus II , SoundEdit , Sound Studio , Peak , etc.
- Under GNU – Linux : Xmms , Audacity , Amarok , JuK , Listen, Rhythmbox , Banshee , VLC , Exaile , Zinf , Mplayer , etc.
- On Android : VLC , and most music players integrated into the devices.
Materials adapted to its reading
- The computer : via software (see above).
- The music players : they can listen all MP3s stored.
- The CD MP3: portable or not, they can listen to MP3 files stored on CD.
- The multimedia hard drives : most have this capability; the others do not support it in order not to pay the license.
- Some DVD players or DVD / DivX : portable or not, they can often play MP3 files on CD or DVD.
- Of radios or television recent analog and digital DAB : they can sometimes read (and even more often Register) MP3 files on flash memory cards and / or USB storage devices .
- Recent game consoles : like the PSP , PS3 , PS4 or the Xbox 360 .
- Recent cell phones ; only those who claim to be very “simple” do not do so at present.
- Recent amplified music technology devices . Like HiFi and all its derivatives via a CD or DVD deck and / or flash memory cards and / or USB devices and / or a network.